For infant names, the Aztecs mostly attracted inspiration from their religion and their ruling kingdom.
You are watching: Aztec princess names
throughout their dominion their funding was Tenochtitlan i beg your pardon is currently called brand-new Mexico. It was a prolific center of culture and progress recognized for the art and sculptures, the which there is many of historical evidence from excavations in brand-new Mexico.
The Aztecs were a flourishing civilization from the mid 1300s come the at an early stage sixteenth century. The Aztec people was overcame by the Indigenous people of Mexico called the Mexicas. Their official language to be Nahautl. Nahautl is still talked by approximately 1.5 million world in El Salvador, central Mexico and also other coastal parts.
Many that the Aztec girl names on this list take motivation from spiritual concepts and the broader Aztec culture. Nature and Mother earth hold special prestige to the Aztec people. So, these infant girl names have tendency to have actually some connection with both religion and also the primordial forces of nature. Baby names after ~ a deity were likewise considered as supremely important among the Aztecs, together were names influenced by fierce warrior from their mythology. These beautiful Aztec infant girl name have strong associations with animals, flowers, Gods and Goddesses, rainbows, feathers, rain, the sun and much, lot more.
For some much more exciting Aztec and also Mayan baby names you can see this Aztec names and also these Mayan names.
Aztec Princesses\" Names
Aztec women of noble standing and also the wives that the rulers were described as the Aztec Princesses. And also these good names, friend could additionally name your boy after Isabel Moctezuma. She is recognized as the Aztec Princess, daughter the the Aztec leader Moctezuma II.
1. Atotoztli: She was the daughter of the Aztec Emperor Moctezuma. She was also the Queen the Tenochtitlan.
2. Azcaxochtzin: She to be the Queen the Tepetlaoztoc.
3. Ilancueitl: She to be the wife of the first ruler of the Aztecs. The name translates to “old woman skirt”.
4. Ome: Aztec Queen of Tepechpan. The name way “dual” or “two”. This is just one of the most loved Aztec baby names.
Aztec baby Girl Names indigenous Names of Aztec Goddesses
While over there were only a few female Aztec rulers, there were many Aztec Goddesses that inspired numerous of the baby names in this list. Aztec Goddesses are extremely revered and so have actually a solid influence on baby girl names. These Aztec mrs names likewise tend come have an effective meanings.
5. Acuecucyoticihuati: She is the Aztec Goddess the the ocean.
6. Ahuic: She is the Aztec goddess of the to run water in streams, rivers and waves.
7. Atlacamani: She is the Aztec Goddess of storms. This is a lovely Aztec surname for a baby girl.
8. Atlacoya: She is the Aztec Goddess that drought.
9. Atlatonan: She is the Aztec Goddess that earth and also everything on it.
10. Atlatonin: She is well-known as the mommy Goddess in Aztec culture.
11. Apozanolotl: She is the famous Aztec Goddess the purity.
12. Ayauhteotl: She is the Aztec Goddess that mist and haze. This is one of the more unique Aztec infant names because that a girl.
13. Chalchiuhtlicue: She is the Aztec Goddesses the water.
14. Chalmecacihuilt: She is the famous Goddess that the Underworld and also souls that pass through it in Aztec myth.
15. Chantico: She is known as the Aztec Goddess of fire.
16. Chiconahui: She is well-known as the hearth Goddess in Aztec mythology.
17. Coatlicue: She is recognized as the mom of every Gods in Aztec myth.
18. Huixtocihuatl: This is wonderful surname for a girl. She is the Aztec Goddess the fertility.
19. Ilamatecuhtli: She is the Aztec Goddess the death.
20. Mayahuel: She is the Goddess of fertility and childbearing.
21. Metztli: She is the Goddess that the night.
22. Nahuatl: The name of the language talked by Aztecs itself originates from the name of a Goddess. Nahautl is the Goddess of water and also rivers.
23. Omecihuatl: She is the Goddess of all creation.
24. Toci: Toci converts to “grandmother” and also is also the surname of an earth Goddess.
25. Tonalnan: She is recognized as the Goddess of light.
26. Tonantzin: She was additionally an earth Goddess and also her name converts to “honored mother”.
27. Tozi: She is the Goddess that sweet water and healing.
28. Tzitzamitl: She was popularly referred to as “grandmother Goddess that the sky”.
29. Xilonen: Called “hairy one” and likewise the Goddess of maize and corn.
30. Xitllali: She is the Goddess of the moon.
31. Xochiquetzal: She is the Goddess the love.
Beautiful Aztec Girl Names and Meanings
Many Aztec names are beautifully long, whilst others space short and also sweet. Brief names sound cute and sweet as names for girls. Nahuatl names deserve to be customized as per her liking, if you desire to uncover a cute nickname for her baby girl, here are some of the ideal cute Aztec names because that girls come take motivation from.
32. Amoxtli: This is the Nahuatl word meaning “book”.
33. Anacaona: This is the Aztec name that way “golden flower”.
34. Atzi: An elemental name, that way “rain”.
35. Chalchihuitlcue: This way “she that wears a robe of environment-friendly jewels”.
36. Chicomecoatl: This way “seven snakes”.
37. Chimalma: The Aztec name that method “shield bearer”.
38. Chipahua: Cute name that means “clean” in Nahuatl.
39. Cihuaton: one Aztec surname that method “little women”.
40. Citlalic: This means a “rising star”. This surname is sex neutral, that can likewise be used for infant boy.
41. Citlalicue: It way “star garment”.
42. Coyolxauhqui: In Nahuatl this way “golden bells”.
43. Cozamalotl: This is an Aztec word meaning “rainbow”. That symbolizes happiness.
44. Cualli: This is Aztec translates to “good”.
45. Cuicatl: It way “song”.
46. Erandi: Sunrise or dawn is referred to as Erandi in Aztec.
47. Erendira: This is a perfect name for a happy girl. This means “smiling princess”.
48. Etapalli: This method “wing”.
49. Eztli: This converts to “blood” in Aztec.
50. Itzpapalotl: This describes an “obsidian butterfly”.
51. Ixcuiname: This means “four faces” or “four sisters”.
52. Ixtli: Aztec name that means “face”.
53. Jatziri: another absolutely wonderful name for a girl. It method “dewdrop”.
54. Macuilxóchitl: This means “five flowers”.
55. Mixcóatl: This means “serpent that the sky” in ancient Aztec.
56. Miyaoaxochitl: This equates to “maize tassel flower”.
57. Mizquixaual: among the Toltec names definition “mesquite face paint”.
58. Necahual: This is the Aztec word definition “survivor”. This surname can additionally be provided for a baby young if you wish.
59. Nenetl: Aztec word an interpretation “doll”.
60. Nochtli: This is Aztec name for “prickly pear fruit”. We think that “prickly pear fruit” is a yes, really cute meaning for her baby\"s name.
61. Icnoyotl: It method “friendship”. This name can likewise be supplied for a baby boy if required.
62. Ichtaca: Aztec name an interpretation “secret”.
63. Ihuicatl: This translates into “sky”.
64. Itotia: This is again a beautiful name in Aztec meaning “dance”.
65. Ixtli: Aztec name meaning “face”.
66. Izel: This small name meaning “unique” is among the cutest Aztec names for a small girl.
67. Ohtli: This is a very powerful and beautiful surname for a girl. It method “champion”.
68. Patli: This is a Nahuatl word meaning “medicine”.
69. Quetzalli: This way a “large beautiful feather”.
70. Sugey: Sugey in Nahuatl method “sunlight”. This is another beautiful name for a girl.
71. Tayanna: one of the most lovely Aztec infant names definition “gift native God”.
72. Teicuih: Refers come a \"younger sister\". Used as a name most regularly for the younger sibling.
73. Teiuc: Again referring to the bear order that children. This equates to the “second born”.
74. Tepeloyotl: This equates to “heart of the mountains”.
75. Tlachinolli: This is the Aztec name definition “fire”.
76. Tlazohtzin: This name means “little necklace that flowers”
77. Tonalnan: The definition of this is “Mother that light”.
78. Xiloxoch: This converts to the flower “calliandra”.
79. Xiuhcoatl: The Aztec name definition “comet”.
80. Xiuhtonal: meaning “precious light”.
81. Xochicotzin: Aztec infant girl name an interpretation “fire serpent”.
82. Xochil: A beautiful Aztec name for a infant girl. The definition of this name is “flower” in Aztec.
83. Xochilt: An Aztec variant of Xochil, an interpretation “flower”.
84. Xochiquetzal: another Aztec name definition “beautiful flower”.
85. Xochiyotl: Aztec infant name definition “heart of a tenderness flower”.
86. Xoco: Aztec infant name an interpretation “younger sister”.
87. Xocotzin: Aztec baby name meaning “youngest daughter”.
88. Xocoyotl: an additional Aztec name representing the bespeak of birth. This is a name an interpretation “youngest child”.
89. Yaretzi: meaning “someone who will always be loved”.
90. Yaotl: This is among the much more powerful infant names. It method “soldier” or “warrior” or “defender”.
91. Yolihuani: Another beautiful Aztec name definition “source the life”.
92. Yolotli: This is the Aztec name an interpretation “heart”.
93. Yoloxochitl: Aztec name definition “flower that the heart”.
94. Zeltzin: An Aztec name meaning “delicate”.
95. Zyanya: Aztec name an interpretation “forever” or “always”.
See more: Which Best Describes The Public/Private Partnerships Created Under Roosevelt’S New Deal Reforms?
ugandan-news.com has actually lots of an excellent names short articles to accumulate you. If you liked our suggestions for Aztec girl names then why not take a look in ~ these ancient Latin girl names, or because that something different take a look in ~ these epic names.